Saturday, April 25, 2009

Saturday

Right now I am sitting in the living room with my parents and my little brother and they are watching an African movie. The stories are interesting but the acting and the sound quality are so awful that I can't bare to pay attention.

I saw Obsessed yesterday and it was a complete waste. Beyonce can't do action type stuff cause she talks too much, well her character does. Honestly, how do you get the energy to talk trash while you are fighting someone?

Anyway, I rented 4 movies yesterday. Mansfield Park with Frances O'Connor, The Reader with my girl Kate Winslet, Vicky Christina Barcelona with Scarlett Johanssen and Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist with that kid from Juno. I saw Mansfield Park and The Reader this morning and I was pleased. For me, you can never go wrong with anything Jane Austen related. That is why I went to the mall with my mom today and got the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice along with the guidebook and production photos. Worth It!!!

Now I can't wait to watch it and replay the wet shirt scene. Colin Firth is so sexy and I love how they remade that scene in Lost in Austen. Now if I could find a dvd set of that I would be happy, ooh and of '07 Jane Eyre with Toby Stevens and Ruth Wilson. Sometimes I wish I were british so that I could be in some of those productions, even as someone in the background, though I don't know how that would be since I'm AfAm.

Since they made a Bollywood version of Pride and Prejudice, I wonder how it would come out with an all African American cast. Hopefully something closer to a Tyler Perry movie than to a Wayans Brothers related production (no offense, they are talented, but...) Anyway, that would be interesting to see.

What else did I buy today? I bought a pair of black theater type mary jane shoes and the third book in the Gemma Doyle saga. I haven't finished the first book yet cause I am so busy and tired all of the time, but I really like it so far. Oh, and when I was at the movies last night, I saw this poster for the book series and I was like "Oh snap!! Those are the books I'm reading." Courtnee looked at me like I was crazy.
It's not my fault that I get excited about books and she gets excited for Beyonce. Maybe one day when Beyonce writes a 300 some page novel about a girl and her sisters all trying to find suitable matches in the 19th Century then I'll get excited for her too.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page