Monday, April 20, 2009

A cool discovery and work

While perusing through the blogs I follow, I happened upon an article about Pride and Prejudice being turned into a Marvel comic book. Here is the link for those of you who are interested. And here is a look at the Blog I was checking out. it's is called Jane Austen Today.

Alright, so my day today was interesting. I couldn't sleep last night because of my stomach, it must have been a culmination of anxiety and spicy food that did my belly in like last week. Last week I had anxiety about driving to Canada with my mom and last night I had anxiety about going back to work. Last week I had sushi with soy sauce and wasabi and last night I had spicy chicken wings and some spicy Haitian food.

So I got to work this morning like usual and I did the usual routine stuff: Bleach water, paper towels, turn on the lights. And the usual people started coming in with their kids. Some of them noticed that I was back, some didn't even know that I was gone. I was glad to see that the people that I am usually around were happy to see me back, not only because the day care was a nightmare without me, but because they genuinely missed me. One parent was so happy for me that I was able to get away for a little while because she noticed that I wasn't as cheerful as I usually am. And normally that is just fake cheerfulness. I didn't even have the energy to fake it.

People were happy to see me, they asked about my trip, they put in the effort to look concerned when I told them about my grandmother who isn't well and is losing her mind, but takes it all in stride and good humor.

I was going to go to the gym today but it was raining really hard and I kinda didn't want to go. I'm lazy like that and I had more episodes of Tru Blood to watch, though I had to pause it so that I can watch my favorite tv nerd Chuck. Zachary Levi is so cute!!!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page