Thursday, April 16, 2009

Furious

So I am so angry about yesterday. I had a wonderful full day to myself, or so I thought. I spent most of the day at Jo's apartment just lounging around and being comfortable. I did a little bit more cleaning up, I watched television, did a little exercise (for 10 minutes) and I was watching a couple of movies. My god mother stopped by and gave me some Canadian money so that I could shop around. She asked me if I wanted her to take me to someone's house so that I won't have to be alone and I told her that I like my privacy. I don't mind being alone sometimes. After she left, I watched Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns and Sex and the City. I was cooking some spaghetti for my cousin (with cheez whiz, just how she likes it)and just as Carrie and Maranda were having their Valentine's Day spat, the power went out.

I yelled out, "Oh Heeeeeeeeeellllllll Naaaww". I was so mad.

Now I'm thinking what should I do, her phone is hooked up to electricity as well as the phone jack. I figured, well I have my book, Libba Bray's A Great and Terrible Beauty, so I can just read until my cousin comes back.

suddenly, a phone rang. I thought to myself, "OH YEAAAAAHHHHH, Jo has that other really cool looking vintage phone.



That's a cool phone, right? it reminds me of this painting.
http://shano-studio.com/multitasker_redchair.html

So, it was my aunt Marie who wanted to see what I was doing and wanted to make sure that I was alright. I told her that the power went out and she was generally concerned for me. She offered to call Jo at work and all that for me. She put my mom on the phone and she just laughed. "That's what you get for staying all day at your cousin's doing nothing", she said.

I wanted to reach through the phone and smack her, but all I did was hang up the phone on her, mid laugh.

I called my cousin Valerie but she wasn't home; her mom was and she gave me Jo's number. I called Jo, no answer and I was like, "great".
Valerie called me while I was reading and she offered to take my to Marie's so I can have dinner and spend some time with Grandma.

I watched some good game shows like Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune and then there was a horrible one called "Hole in the Wall" or "Le Mur" as it is called here where people have to fit themselves in the most ridiculous positions that are carved in a wall that is slowly traveling toward you. If you fail, you fall in the pool.

http://dentedcans.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/holeinthewall_medium.jpg

I appreciate the Japanese and all that they have done with technology, but there are some things that should have stayed in the land of the rising sun.

Anyway, Valerie and I went to Jo's mom's apartment and we watched American Idol ( a show that i normally refuse to watch) and the beginning of CSI NY. Jo and I figured that we should go back to her apartment to make sure that the power came back, if not, then we would gather out stuff and sleep at her mom's or something. Luckily, the power did come back because I did not want to sleep in another car with the heat blasting in my eyes and Jo's smoking (which caused me to wake up with watery crusty eyes this morning and a sore throat)

T'is all. I will post again later on today to make up for missing yesterday.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page