Thursday, September 10, 2009

Mom/ Grandma/Sis

Just when I think that I can be comfortable around my mom, she does or says something that pisses me off. I love the woman, don't get me wrong, but we've grown up in different worlds. Things that were important to her are completely different than the things that are important to me. We have our moments when we can just hang out and be all mother-daughter together and there are moments when I can't stand to be around her. Ugh, and she wonders why I don't call often.

I'm scared for my Grandma. She's going to be 90 in March and she is not doing well. I know that death is inevitable, but for some juvenile reason, I believed that my grandparents were going to live for... ever. Ok, I'm five. Well,I have my dad's step-mom and my mom's mom left. So much for my grandparent's living forever. Anyway, I'm scared for my mom's mom because for some reason, I keep having these visions of receiving a phone call telling me that she is gone. I want her to see my future wedding pictures and hold my future child. She's already a great-grandmother and she was thrilled to find out that she was going to be one. Let's not count our chickens before they hatch. She's still alive and kicking and being her silly self. She's got 10 kids, 21 grandkids and 1 great-grand child so her legacy will live on.

Alright, some good news. My sister is doing BIG things! My big sister, Dr. K. R. (sorry, I don't want people to google her and find this) is going to be in Maryland, working for the FDA. She is so stressed out because her boss is being a dick, but soon, she will be done with him and she will come back home, well, to the east coast. She new exactly what she wanted, she wet for it and she got it. Boy was it so much fun growing up in her shadow (ok, that wasn't necessary).

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page