Thursday, February 03, 2011

Working it out

I have lived a pretty blessed life. I've even been called lucky on occasion, but there have also been events in my life where if I studied them closely for a long period of time, I would get lost in that original emotion and fall back into it.

I won't go into details of which events I'm referring but let's just say that they are intense and strong enough to have me fall into a depression over something that happened 10 years ago. Luckily for me, I have always had at least one person in my life at the time to help me work through it. At Hill, I had Kim and Charlie. At Drew, I had Mollie. After college I had Alissa. In Easton, I had Courtnee and now I have my sister.

Whether it is man trouble, work trouble or any other kind of life trouble, I always had someone to help me work through it and to teach me something. Kim and Charlie taught me you really can choose your family. Mollie taught me how to have fun. Alissa reignited my love for music and singing. Courtnee showed me that I can be as young and fierce as I want to be and my sister is teaching me that I'm much wiser than I think.

Everybody has somebody to help work things out, but if you feel like you have nobody, realize that you have yourself and you are somebody. Do the things you love to do or always wanted to do, you never know who you will meet in the process. You may find a new part of yourself that you never thought was there.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page