Wednesday, February 23, 2011

How to date when living with the 'rents

I joined eHarmony in December hoping to find some romance for this year. So far nothing, but It's only February. Now that I am living back home with the parents, I don't really have much of a social life and whenever I go out and act my age, I get reprimanded like a 12 year old.

I'm sorry, I thought I was allowed to have a drink now and then.

Having a social life is pretty hard when I live at home with my parents.  I can't exactly bring friends over because it would feel like I was being chaperoned. Imagine if I brought a date home and our relationship wasn't at the "let's meet the parents" phase yet. What a tragedy that would be. 

I'm almost afraid to find someone just for that particular reason.  In my head, I feel that I can't date like a real 26 year old until I live on my own place.  One thing I know for sure, if I started dating while living with the 'rents, it would be practically impossible for me to g too fast with whomever I'm seeing. That's is the only plus I can think of at the moment.

I guess, no matter situation you are in, however bad it may seem, there is always a plus side.

I wish I were dating right now, but at least I don't have to deal with the awkwardness ofa sexual relationship.

I wish I were living on my own, but at least I have the opportunity to save money for trips.

I wish I didn't live with my parents, but at least I have parents who care enough to let me stay.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page