Sunday, February 13, 2011

It Feels Good to do Good

You all may or may not know that I write for the Operation: Empower Haiti blog which helps to bring awareness to the struggles that the Haitians have been facing since the earthquake on January 12, 2010. I've wanted to be a writer for a long time, and I never had the courage to put myself out there as a writer. It feels good to know that not only am I writing, but I am doing it for a good cause.

I'm sure that it has crossed everyone's mind to do something for a charity, but it always feels like a burden just thinking about it.  I, for one, always thought that if I wanted to help out with a charity, I would have to step outside of myself and do something that doesn't come natural to me or that I don't enjoy.

I've learned that if I want to make a difference in the world, I have to do it in a way that I love and makes me feel good in the process. I personally love to sing and write so I would probably so something like Karaoke for Cancer where people could pledge $10 for every song that I sing or Short Stories for Stem Cell Research where everyone would have 1 hour to write an original short story and have people pledge a penny per word, then collect all of the stories and publish them all together and sell it and donate the proceeds to the charity. That one would probably be boring to watch though.

Think about the things that you love to do and how you can help the world by doing so.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page