Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Parental Pressure

I've noticed that there is a very thin line between the pressure that parents put on their kids and parents wanting what's best for their kids.

I've also noticed that it is very hard for parents to realize that their kids are growing up. I think that parents put pressure on their kids so that they can feel like they still have an influence on their children's decisions. Sometimes they take it to a level where they try to make their children feel like bad people for not doing as they are told.

I thought you raised us to have a mind of our own instead of having to depend on someone else to make our decisions.

I thought that this country provided us with countless opportunities, not limited, preselected ones.

I don't want to be what you want me to be. I'd rather not a boatload of money every year if it means having to be grumpy for 11 1/2 hours everyday.

The only thing that I can bring with me to my grave is happiness and that is what I intend to do.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page