Thursday, July 08, 2010

Better days have finally come



This post is brought to you by The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho which is about a man who must have been a Journey fan because he didn't stop believing.

I have some new for you guys that has been a long time coming. I finally have a job!!! I've been working here for about 2 1/2 weeks and I am loving it so far. I don't want to say the name of the company, but it deals with architecture and design. The people are really nice and I already have an office crush.

I am the executive assistant to the company president and most of the time he isn't around, so a lot of the time I just hang around waiting for people to give me work to do. Of course, I'm not dumb enough to look like I'm bored. I know how to keep myself busy with more entertaining things.

I've decided to start writing a new thing in my blogs about my experiences at the bus stops because you know weird stuff likes to go down there.

Tuesday at the Bus stop: I was waiting for my bus to go home when a man decided to ask me questions about my personal life. He wasn't at all atractive and he had a little boy with him who was very chubby and dragging along a red scooter. The man starting mumbling in my direction and I happened to catch him. Where I went wrong was asking him if he was speaking to me. He asked me if I was married, to which I replied "No." Then he asked me if I was in a relationship, did I have a boyfriend and I answered him the same way. I asked him why he was asking me these things and he said, "you are an attractive woman and I want to have a conversation with you." He proceeded to ask me if I lived around here (Downtown Newark). For some reason, I answered him truthfully and luckily, within seconds, my bus came and I jumped on it as quickly as I could. I could hear the man say in the background, "I hope I see you around" to which I replied," yeah, uh huh".

Wednesday at the bus stop: I don't know whether to call this story ridiculously ghetto of exceptionally inspiring. I saw an older woman in a wheelchair who was fairly pretty, but you could tell that she may have been in an accident. Her arms and legs were burned and she could barely move. Her hair was done very nicely, long loose curls most likely a weave (not judging, just observing). She was wearing a pretty yellow dress with a white cardigan and pair of shiny, pointed toe, high healed shoes. The Negative Nancy in me was thinking, "where the hell does she think she's going in them heals?" Then reason and sensitivity came over me and made me think, "She probably wants to keep her confidence high by making sure she is dressed nicely." She reminded me a little of Claire Huxtable when she hurt her foot before she had to go to some fancy shindig and went wearing a lovely outfit and walked with a cane. Go 'head girl!!!

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page